KD 2.5 : To Express Various Intentions "Expressing Certainty"

·         Being sure.
-I’m sure / certain (that) (he will come / …)
-There is no doubt about it.
-No doubt (you’d like to see your gift / …)
-I certainly think / believe that (she was unhappy / …)
-I’m positive on that point.
-I’m certain…
-It is obvious that …
-That goes without saying.
-It’s crystal clear.
-It’s as sure as two and two make four.
·         Being less sure.
-I think so
-I think that ( they will be there by 6 / …)
-I suppose so.
-I suppose / expect that ( it is the way to the bus stop /…)
-I believe that ( he is sick / …)
-I assume (that ) (they did it / …)
-It’s more than probable that …
-I wouldn’t be surprised if ….
·         Being unsure.
-I’m not sure (that) …
-I wonder if…
-I doubt if …
-May be / perhaps (they’re right / …)
-It’s very doubtful whether (he’ll accept / …)
-There’s a little chance of (arriving in time / …)
-It isn’t known for use …
·         Not knowing.
-I don’t think so.
-I don’t think that (they will give her a ring / …)
-I don’t know / I’ve no idea / I wouldn’t like to say (where it is).
-I haven’t the faintest idea.
-Sorry, I can’t tell you.

Example:
Tia : Oh my God, where is my wallet?
Rio : Are you okay?
Tia : I don't know. I think my wallet is lost.
Rio : Are you certain about it?
Tia : Definitely.
Rio : Don't worry. Let me help you to look for your wallet.
Tia : Oh.. Thank you so much, you're really my best friend.
Rio : you're welcome. By the way, where is the last place that you think your wallet already lost?
Tia : hmm, may be in the park.
Rio : Are you certain, your wallet is lost in the street to park?
Tia : I am uncertainty. I think it was lost in the grasses at park.
Rio : Are you sure?
Tia : I am pretty certain.
Tia : okay, let's search my wallet together.



Source: http://administrasigurusmk.wordpress.com/2011/08/01/certainty/#more-128
http://merrysamuel.blogspot.com/2010/09/dialogue-about-certainty-and.html

Komentar

Postingan Populer